Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Moron Mail

So, Learned Foot has retired from blogging. This will be difficult time for all of us, but we will survive. The plus side is that all of his bits are now up for grabs.

Here is today’s moron mail from somebody named Ken Avidor of Minneapolis:

I've long enjoyed reading Lori Sturdevant.
I’ve never read her column myself. I’ll have to check it out sometime.

However, I did not enjoy reading her May 16 column, "DFLers in Sixth also back a 'family values' woman."
Uh oh, I guess maybe I should wait for her next column.

There are other issues in the Sixth District that voters care about -- it's just that the major media prefer to cover the right-wing "social agenda" instead of covering down-to-earth subjects like transportation, health care and education.
You are a moron. The voters who are uninterested in social issues can just disregard that information.

Michele Bachmann is a candidate with a legislative record that includes a lot more than "social issues." Why did she sponsor a bill to spend millions of taxpayers' dollars for "Personal Rapid Transit," which turned out to be a phony boondoggle?
Well, I guess I’m against spending millions of taxpayer dollars on phony boondoggles too.

Ask how she would vote in Congress on foreign policy, health care, housing and transportation.
I’ve got to admit that those are some good questions to ask a candidate for Congress.

The major media need to do a better job reporting on elections.
Hmmm, you make a good point about the media needing to do a better job reporting on elections. Maybe you’re not a complete moron after all, Mr. Avidor.

See, Learned Foot can enjoy his retirement knowing that moron mail is in good hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger King said...

If ever I needed proof that we need KAR, this is it.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEWS FLASH!

It was only a prank. LF hasn't quit. Your lack of updates has left Tim O'Brien in the lurch.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home