Thursday, February 09, 2006

Top 11 Things Likely to be Overheard on the Upcoming Prairie Home Companion Alaska Cruise

MN Speak reveals the existence of an Alaskan cruise with Garrison Keillor and “A Prairie Home Companion”. I was going to do a top 11 list of the vacations I would find less enticing, but I couldn’t come up with any. So instead here are the top 11 conversations likely to be overheard on the PHC cruise:

11. “Damn! I thought this was the Prairie Ho Companion cruise!”

10. “Wow, I thought ‘dying of boredom’ was just an expression; I didn’t think it could literally happen.”

9. “No, I didn’t just pass wind. I blame Bush.”

8. "Is the workshop on 'The Feminization of America: Faster Please!' taking place on the lido or the promenade deck?"

7. I was kind of hoping that the Powdermilk Biscuits bit would seem funnier if I heard it on a ship near a glacier.”

6. “This would be a good place for a bridge.”

5. "It's so nice to be in the company of people who care about nature and are curious about the world unlike the hairy backed swamp developers and nihilists in golf pants from the red states."

4. “Okay wise guy, prove that I DIDN’T bang Lindsay Lohan.”

3. "Seven and I cried every time. How many times have you seen 'Brokeback Mountain'?"

2. "You're working on a novel about growing up in a dysfunctional family in the Midwest? What a coincidence, so am I."

1. “Most people would consider it a compliment to be told that they have the tits of an angel.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Saint Paul said...

I find this pandering to MN Speak to be beneath the dignity of Nihilist. And the Nihilist has no dignity. Please stop.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

As I've long suspected, Fuzzy Nietzsche is in Garrsion Keillor's pocket.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Nicko McDave said...

Minnesotans' cruise-hosting expertise is legendary. But unlike the Vikes, Garrison doesn't need to import out of state girls. Only Lake Wobegone's finest Powdermilk Honeybuns will do.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Dan S. said...

Sisyphus, did you catch the dramatic reading of your post on KTLK today?

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home