Monday, October 17, 2005

The Better America Hater Won

I can occasionally be magnanimous in defeat. Although I campaigned hard for the Nobel Prize in Literature, I must admit that the better America hater won. While I dug up dirt on some of the other candidates, there was nothing I could do about Pinter. I mean, how can I compete with a guy who helped found the International Committee for the Defense of Slobodan Milosevic? The guy’s anti-America (not to mention anti-Bosnia) cred is unassailable.

I guess there’s always next year, although Pinter’s raised the bar pretty high. Not many of us have the guts to quit writing and hate the west full-time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked some of his earlier works.

Oh, which one?

Ummm...the one that was, like famous and stuff.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home