Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hail to the Victor

The poll regarding the feud between JB Doubtless and Learned Foot was closer than anyone could have imagined. In fact, it brought back memories of the most hotly contested election of my lifetime, which took place just a few years ago.

Of course, I am speaking of the titanic struggle between good and evil: Reuben Studdard's controversial defeat of Clay Aiken in the second season of American Idol. It is a strange coincidence indeed, especially since JB is a dead ringer for Clay, if he ever tried to grow a beard. To this day, people still dispute Reuben's narrow victory.

In our poll, neither combatant ever led by more than a handful of votes. The lead changed hands as each posted their argument and linked their website in an attempt to drive their suporters to the polls. I am sure there will be claims of voter fraud and intimidation.

Finally a supreme authority, namely me, ruled that the election is over, putting a stop to the hopes of one of our contestants. I am here to announce that the winner is JB Doubtless, by a score of 75-73. If I had allowed the polling to go on, there is little reason to doubt that the lead may have changed hands again and again. However, America needs a result and we cannot allow this vote to go on indefinitely. Besides, I am awarding JB a victory in lieu of a wedding gift.

However, the prize of the #1 spot on my top 11 list of favorite blogs will not go to Fraters as a result of JB's victory. In my original post I clearly spelled out the stakes:

To sweeten the pot, the winner's blog, either Fraters Libertas or The Kool Aid Report (currently ranked #2 and #1, respectively), will receive the #1 ranking on the Nihilist's list of top 11 blogs. That is unless the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team begins the year with a couple of wins, then it will be ND Nation, baby!

Unlike JB, the Irish have posted decisive victories over the past two weeks and are therefore ascending to the coveted #1 spot. They will remain there either until the point of a Notre Dame gridiron loss or until V-Toed Bill changes his handle to "Nihilist Wannabee."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Loser leaves town. KAR should be off the Top 11 list.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think my vote was properly counted. I pushed the button, but maybe not hard enough. Racists.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home