Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rabid Packer Fan (RPF): “Obnoxious Packer Guy Doesn’t Speak for Me”

Over at The Kool-Aid Report, OPG has responded to my post from yesterday that was critical of his protest outside the home of former Packer’s Defensive Coordinator Bob Slowik. Let me reiterate that I sympathize with OPG’s grief over last year’s Packers defense. I also believe that he has the right to stage any kind of peaceful protest he wants to. While I don’t agree with what he’s been saying in this protest, I’ll defend to the death his right to say it (okay, maybe not to the death).

OPG implied that as a Vikings fan I had no right to criticize him. However, I received an e-mail from a Rabid Packer Fan (RPF) that agrees with me:

Thank you for your wonderful post on OPG’s asinine protest. As a Packer fan that suffered through every minute of every Packer game last season, I know exactly how OPG feels. However, I would like to make one thing absolutely clear: Obnoxious Packer Guy doesn‘t speak for me or most other Packer fans. Mr. Slowik had a good system in place, but he was betrayed by Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman.

Now the Packers want us to believe that Jim Bates is the solution. You are correct: He was a complete disaster for the Dolphins. OPG wants us to believe that we should be impressed that Bates led the Dolphins to a 3-4 record after the 1-8 start. All he accomplished was costing Miami the first pick in the draft. No wonder they fired him.

Fortunately, the Packers still have Favre, so they should average 80 points a game. I think even a Bates-led defense should be able to hold teams under 50. I predict 16-0 regular season and another Super Bowl. Anything less and Thompson and Sherman should be canned.

I’m glad OPG has ended his Slowik protest. If he wants to protest something worthwhile he should sign my online petition urging the Packers to replace all of the seats in Lambeau with port-potty seats so that we will no longer have to pee in a cup to avoid missing any of the game. Now that (and liquor) is something all Packer fans can agree upon.

2 Comments:

Blogger LearnedFoot said...

I'm sure that Obsessive Packer Guy doesn't speak for RPF; not that I know who that is.

What I'd like to know is what RPF feels about Obnoxious Packer Fan, the controversial KAR guest blogger.

Other than that, my tummy hurts from laughing so hard.

LF

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

I should stop bloggin while intoxicated.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home