Thursday, September 01, 2011

Nihilist Football Picks: College Week 1

I've been wondering about a few things lately. First, how can I get Learned Foot to start blogging again? Second, what kind of posts should I put up on this blog. I think I can kill two birds with one stone here by offering my football posts.

Here's the format we will use this year. I'll pick each Gophers, Vikings and Fighting Irish game this year. Additionally, I'll pick some of the more interesting college and pro matchups. All picks will be against the spread as published by USA Today.


This week I sense a theme: a superior coach takes his team on the road and tries to upset a favorite. Yes, this means that I believe Jerry Kill is a better coach than Lane Kiffin. It also means that I like Skip Holz better than Brian Kelly. However, I'm not prejudiced against guys named Kelly, as I like him over Les Miles. In other words:

Minnesota Golden Gophers +18 1/2 at Southern Cal Trojans
South Florida Bulls +8 1/2 at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oregon Ducks +3 at Louisiana State Tigers

C'mon Foot, do your worst!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home