Monday, June 12, 2006

Sometimes You Just Have to Do As You're Told

I rarely succumb to meme requests. However, when Hugh Hewitt orders you to do something, I've found it's best to just do it. Let's just say he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I am, of course, talking about his meme of asking the question, "Which sitcom character would you like to be (when you grow up)?" Since we at NIGP are overachievers, I present the top 11 sitcom characters I would like to be (when I grow up).

11. Murray Slaughter - The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Hugh suggested this for me, so I'd better put it on the list. Murray isn't a bad choice either. Sure, he's a bit of a yutz, but he has a ton of good lines and constantly pokes fun at Ted Baxter. Could Ted be an allegory for the mainstream media in general?

10. Colonel Flagg - M*A*S*H - While he was completely psychotic, paranoid and delusional, Flagg stopped at nothing to get the job done. And he hated communists.

9. Chris Peterson - Get A Life - A 30 year-old paperboy who lived with his parents. I would love to attend Handsome Boy Modeling School as Chris did.

8. Jamie Coleman - Men Behaving Badly - He sat around all day drinking and plotting ways to score with the ladies.

7. Alan Brady - The Dick Van Dyke Show - He's a big star, he knows it, and he demands the reverence that comes with it.

6. Elliot Carlin - The Bob Newhart Show - A bitter, sarcastic millionaire, albeit one who needed a regular appointment with his psychologist.

5. Jethro Bodine - The Beverly Hillbillies - Jethro was a millionaire heir with the dream of being a big-time Hollywood producer. He wasn't afraid to show off his 6th grade education.

4. Sledge Hammer - Sledge Hammer - The cop who believed in shooting first and asking questions later. He made Dirty Harry look like Michael Dukakis.

3. Arthur Deitrich - Barney Miller - The wise cracking detective with the dry wit.

2. Norm Peterson - Cheers - The funny barfly.

1. Montgomery Burns - The Simpsons - A filthy rich symbol of corporate America.

I will tag Learned Foot, Katie from Yucky Salad, and Swiftee. Remember, you guys have it easy. You only need to pick one character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home