Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hey, Kool Aid!

Bill Moyers writes what might be the most genuinely insulting columns against Christianity today, blaming it for the destruction of the environment (his religion).

Of course this is a warmed-over tactic from the Reagan years, complete with a flogging of favorite 1980's whipping boy James Waat. I remember being told that since Reagan believed in the bible that he just accepted that he would be president during the "end times," so he was free to start a nuclear war? In fact, I often heard this view expressed by Star Tribune letter writers and teachers in my Catholic high school. Whatever happened to Reagan's nuclear war?

Now Bush and the Christians are getting busy bringing about Armageddon by supporting Israel, liberating Iraq, and refusing to ban the use of the internal combustion engine (except of course for a few elites like Mr. Moyers.)

I know that the Kool Aid report guys register 160/120 on the blood pressure meter when reading the Strib editorial page. Is it too much to ask for a good fisking of the lead item from the Sunday Op Ex section by 9 am?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I incorporated an ad hominem insult of Moyers into my post this morning. Hope that's good enough.

And good luck in your run against Wetterling in '06!

10:22 AM  
Blogger LearnedFoot said...

I incorporated an ad hominem insult of Moyers into my post this morning. Hope that's good enough.

And good luck in your run against Wetterling in '06!

LF

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home