Thursday, April 30, 2009

In the Land of Liberals

I happened to be flipping through the HBO channels and came across “In the Land of Women”, starring Seth from the O.C. and Meg Ryan. The scene I caught, between Meg Ryan’s character and her 10 or 11 year old daughter, epitomizes the Hollywood/liberal world view:

Kid:
I took twenty dollars from your purse.

Meg Ryan:
Really, when?

Kid:
Awhile ago. Last February.

Meg Ryan:
Are you serious?

Kid:
Yeah, I’ve been wanting to tell you for awhile. I felt bad about it. Sorry.

Meg Ryan:
Well, just out of curiosity, what did you need twenty dollars for?

Kid:
It’s stupid. I wanna start saving money. You know, for the future. But, I didn’t have any money, so I needed a foundation.

Meg Ryan:
Right, well, at least you’re financially responsible.


I think that the Obama administration can finally fill one of those vacant Deputy Treasury Secretary positions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Peg said...

Yes; savings from theft. Has that liberal ring about it.

Of course, it would be nice to see THESE liberals saving anything at all! They're more "steal and spend" liberals. Oy.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

Yes, the scene was more Clinton administration liberal than Obama administration liberal.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home