Sunday, April 27, 2008

Top 11 Mariah Carey Physics Albums

I would never have guessed that I have something in common with Mariah Carey, but it turns out I do! We are both physics geeks! Mariah Carey has titled her newest album E= MC2.

Although I agree with Mariah that Einstein’s equation on mass-energy equivalence is one of the coolest in physics, it is also the most clichéd. I worry that people will falsely think of her as a poseur physics-geek wannabe. It would have been hipper to have chosen a slightly more obscure formula for the album title. Here are my top 11 suggestions:

11. Mariah: Newton’s Law of Gravitation

10. Mariah: Ideal Gas Law

9. Mariah: Lorentz Contraction

7. Mariah: Maxwell’s Equations

6. Mariah: Free Particle Schrödinger Equation

5. Mariah: Lawson Criterion

4. Mariah: Semi-Empirical Binding Energy Formula

3. Mariah: de Broglie Equation

2. Mariah: Stefan-Boltzmann Law

1. Mariah: Dirac Equation

4 Comments:

Blogger Briannotated said...

*chuckle* I like "Mariah: Ideal Gas Law" best. It's perfect for those days when she finds herself full of hot air! :P

9:01 PM  
Blogger Johnny Roosh said...

I use the Lawson Criterion daily.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

The coolness of a job is defined by how often you use the Lawson Criterion in it.

5:12 PM  
Blogger R-Five said...

Me, I'd like to calculate her moment of intertia.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home