Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Sisyphus Interview With Packers Fan CVG

I recently sat down with our newest contributor, Cynical Vikings Guy, for a narrow ranging interview.

SISYPHUS:
One thing many of our readers may not know is that you are, in fact, a Packers fan.

CVG:
Yes, I have been a fan of the Green Bay Packers for as long as I can remember, but I now consider myself a reformed Packers fan.

SISYPHUS:
A reformed Packers fan? What do you mean by that?

CVG:
That means that I used to cheer on the Packers every Sunday, but years of classless behavior by my fellow fans has reformed me. I now often cheer for the Minnesota Vikings, or if they’re playing the Packers, the Chicago Bears. I still consider myself a Packers fan, but a reformed one.

SISYPHUS:
I noticed that you have a sign in your yard that says “Lambeau Field is A Urine Soaked Pit”. It does not bode well for the future of the Packers franchise to see a devoted fan taking a stance like that.

CVG:
Yes indeed, and I’m not the only one who thinks so. Lambeau Field lacks the history of Soldier’s Field in Chicago or the warmth of the Metrodome. Don’t even get me started on the Packer tradition of urinating into a cup so you don’t have to leave your seat during the game. Many Packer fans used to be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket to Lambeau, but now they’re looking around and saying “Why would I? I can get the same ambience at a rest stop for free.”

SISYPHUS:
Doing a little googling, I see that you’ve been spear-heading a petition drive asking the NFL to strip the Packers of all victories in games played by Brett Favre, including Super Bowl XXXI.

CVG:
Yes, that’s true. We reformed Packers fans have high moral standards for our players. We want to win, but not with drugged up players. So I say lets give back our Lombardi trophy and apologize to all Vikings and Bears fans for our undeserved arrogance during the Favre years.

SISYPHUS:
As a Packers fan, what do you think about the Packers chances this year.

CVG:
I think that they, er, I mean, I think that we will really suck this year. But this is a good thing. We Packers fans have been delusional, annoying, arrogant, assholes for too long now. We need a little humbling and a decade or so of last place finishes would be just what the doctor ordered.

SISYPHUS:
Wow, coming from a Vikings fan that would be dismissed as just so much trash talk, but the fact that it comes from a Packers fan gives it credibility. Thanks for the interview CVG, any final words for our readers?

CVG:
Go Vikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home