Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How Can I Have Any Pudding?

I sat down to dinner last night and my wife handed me a hot steaming bowl of pasta with vodka cream sauce. "Hot damn!" I thought "This is gonna be some good eatin' tonight" (I tend to drop my G's when I get excited about food.) She also laid out a platter of garlic bread and some fresh green beans. Oh, and cheese. Parmesean of the grated variety.

I kind of sat there for a minute looking around the table, then looking into the kitchen to see if she had forgotten something.

"Where's the meat?" I asked, thinking she was playing some kind of evil trick on her very hungry husband. "There isn't any" she came back.

The words froze, suspended over the kitchen table. No meat. There would be no meat in this meal. I smiled a fey smile trying to hide my utter dissapointment. No meat. There would be no meat.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But there was cheese..cowboy up JB, this is a war!

Universal Single Payer Cheese for All!

No Cheese; No Peace!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie Bates said...

So how did you have the pudding?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Nicko McDave said...

If you get excited and drop your "G", well, there's the meat right there.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home