Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Top 11 Kevin Bacon or Francis Bacon Quotes

11. KEVIN: “There are two types of actors: those who say they don't want to be famous and those who are liars.”
10. FRANCIS: “Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid.”
9. KEVIN: “There's something therapeutic about nudity. Clothing is one of the external things about a character. Take away the Gucci or Levi's and we're all the same. But not when the nanny is around. But I will with my wife and kids.”
8. FRANCIS: “Nakedness is uncomely, as well in mind as body, and it addeth no small reverence to men's manners and actions if they be not altogether open. Therefore set it down: That a habit of secrecy is both politic and moral.”
7. KEVIN: “I think of being an actor as kind of a young man's gig. It's emasculating, in a way, people messing with you and putting make-up on you and telling you when to wake up and when to go to sleep, holding your hand to cross the street. I can do it up to a certain point and then I start to feel like a puppet.”
6. FRANCIS: “By indignities men come to dignities.”
5. KEVIN: “I've heard people say you have to love the characters you play. I don't feel that way. I've played a lot of people that I don't love at all. What's important to me is to try to make them real.”
4. FRANCIS: “The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery”
3. KEVIN: “You can sit around and complain that Hollywood doesn't make any good movies. But you can generate your own material. So I read books. I come up with ideas. I was the producer on 'The Woodsman' to help get that off the ground. Sometimes that extends itself to directing.”
2. FRANCIS: “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.”
1. KEVIN: “Any idiot can get laid when they're famous. That's easy. It's getting laid when you're not famous that takes some talent.”

2 Comments:

Blogger ThatBobbieGirl said...

Mmmmmmm.....bacon.....

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Francis Quotes said...

Some lovely collection about Francis Bacon Quotes. I have compiled some quotes from you. Thanks for sharing!!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home