Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Blogging and Ethics

Lefty bloggers are irate over Mitch Berg's decision to change comments on his blog Shot in the Dark without permission or note. I never really thought about the ethics of such actions. On one side, it is his blog. However, isn't there something fundamentally dishonest about representing something as said by someone else, when their point was quite the opposite?

Anyway, I gave it little thought. I admit to being an occasional commenter on SITD as well as many other blogs. However, since I avoid profanity and ad homonym attacks in my comments (I save that for this site), I never thought I would be censored.

I was wrong. After leaving a fairly mundane comment detailing the nostalgia music of my youth on a similar thread, I returned to see the following two word comment:

Springsteen rules!

Anyone familiar with this site understands that I feel that Springsteen is not only a political neophyte, but also a very overrated musician and a hypocritical jerk as well. This comment completely turns my opinion of Springsteen on its ear. Pretty low, Mitch. Pretty low.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get a screen shot of the original?

Publish it, quick!

Developing...

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Black Sabbath is really the best.

Ozzy Roolz!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home