Monday, March 20, 2006

URGENT: Intervention Required by the Minnesota Commissioner of Hockey

THIS CANNOT STAND! The unthinkable is about to happen: neither of the Gophers first two games in the NCAA Hockey tournament are scheduled to be televised live in the Twin Cities this weekend. The morons at Fox Sports North are currently planning to show a meaningless Timberwolves game on Friday (with the Hockey game after on tape delay). Even more egregious, they plan to show a meaningless Wild game while the Gophers are earning their spot in the Frozen Four.

To add insult to injury, the games will be available live in Atlanta Georgia, among other places. I guess we will find out which state has the more effective Commissioner of Hockey, Minnesota or Georgia.

UPDATE: I give the Commish B+. The Friday game will now be shown live on FSN. However, Saturday’s 8PM Regional final will be shown tape-delayed at 9:30 PM. I guess I can live with that. Good work, Commissioner.

UPDATE 2: Time to give credit where due. After working feverishly behind the scenes (I presume) the Commissioner has now arranged for the Regional final to be televised live. Thank you, Commissioner Hewitt. I will (probably) never again denigrate your selection as Minnesota Hockey Commissioner.

7 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

WTF?

After their pathetic performance this weekend, I was ready for some serious hockey this weekend.

I thought I had my wife look it up and it said NCAA hockey on Friday?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

We have a Hockey Commissioner?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

JB,
Maybe in your neck of the woods there is live NCAA hockey, but in the Twin Cities, the West Regional is all tape-delayed.

Chad,
Supposedly we do.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Leo Pusateri said...

Hey--

They couldn't even win against St. Cloud State.

They don't deserve to be watched. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Sisyphus said...

Psycmeister,
The WCHA tournament doesn't matter -- it is the NCAA tournament where it is at. The Gopher's pitiful performance just gives Coach Lucia an excuse to chew them out in practice all week.

Last year, they lost both WCHA Final Five games and made the NCAA Frozen Four anyway.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jeff Kouba said...

Go Sioux!!!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Jeff! The Sioux will go all the way or I'm going to lose my ass in the office pool.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home