Saturday, January 03, 2009

Viking Funeral?

Mr. Positive over at Fraters is spouting the conventional wisdom on the Minnesota Vikings playoff chances. I see things differently.

This is the first time in eight years that the Vikings have the tools to make a long playoff run. Unlike 2000, where they embarrassed themselves in the NFC championship, this team is led by a superstar who seems to step up his game when the chips are down (see the last Packers game).

I predict a nice playoff run. I don't necessarily predict a Super Bowl victory, but I do expect the results to be something like the 1987-88 season, with dominating victories as underdogs before exiting in a nail-biter.

So yes, feel free to take the Vikes and the three points. Adrian Peterson tells me they will win outright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home