Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Country Club Idiocy

It is amazing the inanities one can overhear in even the most exclusive of country clubs. For example, this afternoon I happened to overhear a fellow member extolling the virtues of his new Gulfstream G450. Now, I would be willing to cut the gentleman some slack if he were a young fellow purchasing his first business jet – the G450 is a fine starter aircraft. But the gentleman in question is someone who really should have done better (I won’t embarrass him by revealing his name, but you would recognize it if I did). There is simply no comparison between the G450 and the Boeing Business Jet.

The BBJ has it all over the G450 in every important category:
Range: 6200 nm vs 4350 nm
Cabin Length: 79 ft 2 in vs 45 ft 1 in
Cabin Height: 7 ft 1 in vs 6 ft 2 in
Cabin Width: 11 ft 7 in vs 7 ft 4in
More importantly, the G450 has no full sized shower, no executive suite with a queen-sized bed, and no full dining area to name just a few of its deficiencies.

The only real advantage of the G450 is it’s lower cost – but believe me, the gentleman in question’s shareholders can afford the BBJ. Some people just have no class.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sisyphus said...

Sure Jo, I assume you mean my BBJ.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home