Thursday, April 14, 2005

Top 11 Songs that Saved My Life

Anti-hipster JB Doubtless mocks the notion that a song can save your life. While it may be a stretch to say that these songs saved my life, I hate to contemplate where I might be without them.

11. Revolution, Beatles – Showed me that Nike shoes were Important.
10. Zamboni, Gear Daddies – Until this song, I had no desire to ever drive a Zamboni.
9. The Gambler, Kenny Rogers – Taught me the importance of knowin’ when to hold ‘em and knowin’ when to fold ‘em, knowin’ when to walk away and knowin’ when to run – not just in cards, but in life.
8. Gilligan’s Island Theme – Thanks to this catchy tune, I will never forget the premise and cast of characters of a television classic.
7. Copacabana, Barry Manilow – When the world moves on from the merengue and the cha-cha to disco, it’s best move along with it.
6. Sk8er Boi, Avril Lavigne – Just because a kid is a baggy-pantsed skateboarder doesn’t mean he can’t become an MTV star.
5. Waitress in the Sky, The Replacements – Made me realize that flight attendants had no right to look down on me just because I don’t wear a tie.
4. Take It Easy, The Eagles – Thanks to this song, I now occasionally stop and smell the roses.
3. Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffet – Convinced me that there’s much to be said for drinking all day on a tropical island.
2. Gin and Juice, Snoop Dogg – Like Dr. Dre, I prefer Tanqueray.
1. Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash – Inspired me to keep on top of this Sarbanes-Oxley stuff (and to not shoot a man just to watch him die).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home